Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And Then The Lights Went Out

I've had 2 restless nights, brought on, I'm sure, by the news that my work trip to LA has been confirmed, which led to lots of planning about the best possible way to include SF and NYC in the itinerary, so that I can meet up with my friends in the States.

And I've also gotta squeeze in a brief stopover in Singapore to get a biometric passport, which apparently will ensure a smoother arrival process in the US, given the new entry requirements. Plus I need to be in HK in a week for another meeting...you can see how I was somewhat preoccupied and totally cranky from not sleeping well.

Last night, around 10pm, while I was about to do more checking up on flights, the power went out. It was a major power grid failure because the entire area around my condo, including roads, was lit only by the full moon last night. So out came the tea-lights, which gave my apartment a very sexy ambiance.


For the time that I was powerless, I was able to sit back, breathe and just be. It was a quiet, calm moment that I needed. And I also got a chance to get 'artistic' in the dark.


From Lights Out

The power came on about an hour later. I was asleep an hour after that, and was awakened 7 hours later by a text message from my friend Stephen telling me he had arrived safely in San Francisco.

It was a nice night in with the lights out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see we always knew you needed a gorgeous candle for nights like these...hehe so did you manage to utilize the birthday candle we got you??