Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gassy & Sassy

OK, I promise this is the last time I'll talk about jetlag. This week.

So I've been trying to eat more healthy over the past 3 months - I've included more fruit, started introducing flax seed and oats into my diet in a bigger way, and I'm also rediscovering the joys of nuts (don't laugh).

I'm also going to the gym more regularly, and I'm finding that the new healthy foods in my diet is making me less achey and tired, which is a good thing when I'm not exactly gym-tastic.

I'm so committed to this new thing that I even brought a small container of oats when I was in the US for 2 weeks, and I went to the hotel gym twice.

Since I've been back in KL (5 days in), I've found that my out-of-sync body clock is making me react in the gassiest way possible to oats and nuts. It's most unpleasant when you have to meet with friends or colleagues for extended social get-togethers. So far, I've been able to hold it together without any embarrassing expressionistic explosions.

I'm sure this too shall pass.

On possibly related developments, I've begun to feel more enthused about doing more, without feeling weighted down by holding on to something that I never had. It's a very thin line between warm feelings and hot air.

2 comments:

Rarebeet said...

maybe you can try levitating with all that gas...Ohmmmm

Amazonman said...

I love that comment : A very fine line between warm feelings and hot air.

So very true! ;)