Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Drama, Much?

What a week.

My friends Jess & Alex got married over the weekend and had a beautiful ceremony with a small gathering of family and friends. There were laughs and lots and lots of tears.

Then there was me snapping and letting my youngest cat go - he had become extremely territorial and aggressive over the past few weeks and had been attacking my oldest cat. It was very distressing to come home to clumps of fur all over the house and growling and hissing. I'm sure the guilt will hit me at some point, but I'd rather have 2 happy cats than 3 stressed out pets.

I have to read up on diabetes 'cos my dad's medical condition is not getting any better. And I have to learn to deal with a very good friend's HIV positive status and how that will impact his life and affect ours.

Drama. But then again, that's life, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks getting older doesn't it? You have to learn to deal with alot of depressing or shocking stuff but you know, something in you kicks you into gear because ultimately, you know you have to survive. And I think Ben Button proved that just because you get younger, things don't change either :))

Anonymous said...

My dad had diabetes, and for all my teenager years he was in and out of hospitals. Non-stop complications because of the difficulty diabetes causes when it comes to healing and general circulation. I wish you the best to be strong and hope you have some good support for the coming years if things don't look up. *hugs*

Also, lots of improvements in the modern day when it comes to those who are HIV-positive. There's the cocktail for starters. Just look at Magic Johnson! Though I don't know the cost of it all. More wishes of support there for you and your friend and their family. *more hugs*