Friday, July 24, 2009

Shallow-bration

So I was asked to come up with a suggestion for what Madonna's Greatest Hits collection should have as a tracklisting by a friend of mine who knows people who know people who are working on the project. No-brainer for me, and I even came up with a suggested list of iconic videos that Madonnna's done over the years.

If you know me well, you'll know that I do know a little bit too much about Madonna, but unlike Perez Hilton, I do not call her my role model or example in life. He's such a loser, but that's my take.

But back to me.

So apparently my suggestion was sent thru' to the guy who's handling this project in the US, and I was honestly curious to see how close my list will be to the final tracklisting. And I was also curious to hear the new song Celebration, penned by Madonna & co-produced with DJ/producer Paul Oakenfold.

And then yesterday, I saw this monstrosity that is the new album cover.


I'm all for street art, but this? The Greatest Hits album cover? Seriously?

The person behind the art is Brainwashed (how apt), a renowned street artist who's got a lot of buzz and blah blah blah, and I'm sure he's cool and all that, but for a 25-year career to be summed up by this piece of art, I think it falls short. Way short. Like so short that I-can't-believe-I'm-blogging-about-it short.

But in the name of being fair (which I can be), here's an interview with Mr Brainwash himself.

.



I respect the art, but I'm no fan of the work. And the music video better be good. Happy Shallow Friday, everyone.

No comments: