Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Raining And I'm Loving It

An old friend - who I don't really know that well - recently started blogging. A bit late to the game, perhaps, but I guess we all have our timetables.

His most recent blog was about tea and coffee. About how we all have preferences. And what it says about us. I cringed. I rolled my eyes. Is this really that interesting? Yeah, I'm a snob. And a bitch. But you know that.

I'd much prefer to share with you the fact that during my recent visit to Singapore this past week, I was inundated with reunions. I met with my 2 orphaned cousins who I've not met in 15 years (I should get a medal, huh?), a good friend I lost touch with who I've not seen in 20 years or so, and another friend who I've known since I was 7 but have not met in 4 years.

My cousins made me think hard about family. Maybe it's cos' I'm 40 and something's kicked in, but my sis (their step-cousin) and I have decided to contribute a modest amount per month to help with household expenses.

And it was nice that after 20 years, Lay Hoon & I picked up from where we left off. It's true what they say about real friends - and no amount of time or distance can diminish the bond that you have and feel.

As for my friend Asrof, he's now a father of 2, and I'm glad that he's still the same guy I knew when we were 7 and then 17. Yes, gaps are allowed in friendships.

And yes, it is raining and it love it. I find rain very cleansing. And I love it more that I'm indoors.

And I like both coffee and tea. It just depends on what I feel like. No blogging necessary on that.

Have a good weekend.



No comments: