Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday The 13th

It's 9 days to my 5th year in KL, and unlike previous anniversaries, this year's seem to be resonating more loudly. And I'm actually paying attention.

From taking an unexpected holiday in Bali, to understanding how the attendant changes at work are just part and parcel of the process; from finally facing up to the truth about my feelings and insecurities, to seeing that I am surrounded by good people who do care and who are there for me - I'm learning to take it all in. And
it's only taken me 5 years to understand and see it all more clearly.

I've always been a good student so I know that what I'm learning over the past few weeks will stay with me, inform my decisions and remind me that at the end of the day, it's all good. Heck, e
ven a trip to Putrajaya was worth it.

From Putrajaya
On a day that's synonymous with bad luck, I've glad to say that I feel very fortunate for the friends that I've got, the people in my life who make the difference, and this full circle moment that I seem to find myself in.

So come join in, the door's open.

(PS: Check out my buddy Stephen's article in Malaysia's New Straits Times.)

No comments: