Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Re-Connections

I'm back in HK for a week, and as much as my mind's on work-related matters, I catch myself thinking about my upcoming trips to NYC, SF & LA and can I feel myself breaking into a min-smile.

It's a good feeling but there is that slight bit of trepidation - ok, maybe trepidation is too big a word - about seeing my friends after a long break. Some of them I've not seen in more than 3 years, and some, get this, I've never even met.

In NYC, there's Stevie and his posse who I met 5 years ago on my last visit. I'm in regular contact with Stevie and Sabina, but the rest, not so much. But it's NYC, so it'll be fine.

And I'm really keen to meet up with Stephen's friends in SF, there's Keith (who I met in Koh Samui) and his wife Marites (who I've not met but feel like I know). Then there's Troy, who wrote me a sweet note to say thanks for taking care of Stephen in Malaysia. It'll be interesting to see how we click when we meet for the first time.

Los Angeles will be a nice reunion for the rest of the Koh Samui group - Maureen, Mike and Stephen, who will also be in LA when I'm there. I'm really looking forward to the reunion. Seriously.

But right now, I'm most looking forward to meeting my friend who's arriving in the morning from Italy, a friend I met a year ago in HK and had a great connection with. I need to sleep now. I need my energy for the morning.

There's that smile again...

No comments: