Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Growing up in Singapore, Halloween was something that I learned about from watching American TV programs and movies. I never quite understood the concept of this thoroughly American ritual/tradition/institution, but it looked like a lot of fun.

Earlier this evening, I attended my first Halloween 'parade' in West Hollywood. Interesting, to say the least, 'cos Halloween in WeHo is a freak show like no other that you'll experience.

Los Angelenos - at least the ones who thronged Santa Monica Boulevard - treat Halloween like it's an early Christmas, but with costumes.

From WeHo Halloween
Me? I'm not a costume type of guy. I mean, c'mon, do I really need anything more when I already wear my heart on my sleeve? Or do you really need more honesty?

Now that would be scarier than Halloween in WeHo.

No comments: