Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh Singapore, Oh MDA

I was born and raised in Singapore, and on many levels, I'm very much a product of where I'm from. In the 12 years that I've been away, much has changed in my home country. It's been interesting to see Singapore work hard to reinvent it's image to the outside world.

One of the areas that the government's invested in is developing Singapore's media industry to be of international standing. You know, like everything else that my people do. Nothing wrong with that, mind you.

You can say a lot of things about Singapore. You are entitled to your views and I will happily listen to what you've gotta say. My friends know this to be true.

But I cannot even begin to comprehend why the august body tasked with that noble and worthy responsibility of improving the media industry, the Media Development Authority (MDA), thought it would be a good idea to have its senior management team rap in a music video.

Enjoy the train wreck, and don't let this spoil your weekend.



No comments: