Monday, January 28, 2008

Special SAG Mentions

Today's SAG award was another ho-hum affair but 2 things popped out for me.

~ Daniel Day-Lewis continues to honour and mourn the passing of Heath Ledger, this time with a dedication of his Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor to the memory of the younger actor.


"In `Brokeback Mountain,' he was unique, he was perfect," said Day-Lewis, already an Oscar winner for "My Left Foot." "That scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything I think I've ever seen."

Like I said, a class act. And very needed too, especially in light of the fact that Heath Ledger's gifted artistry is all but forgotten in the tabloid frenzy of his cause of death.

~ In lighter news, Angelina Jolie sure knows how to get the tabloids and punters excited, playing up to the rumours of her tabloid-claimed pregnancy in a free-flowing frock that also played up her boobage.

Cheeky.

No comments: