Thursday, June 19, 2008

Making Noice

So lots have happened over the past few weeks. And months, for that matter.

I celebrated another birthday, I learned the far more economical pleasures of prosecco, hung out with my god-son in Bangkok I completed my first gig as an official blogger, went for a few job interviews - the biggest one being the one that took place last Wednesday with 7 people - and I think I might have found something to do which I love and can provide me with some spare change. Which is always nice, no?

Some of you might remember my trip to Bali last year with Stephen, which was followed a couple of weeks later with a trip to Koh Samui to celebrate his 40th birthday with his friends in a beautiful villa. Given that I didn't want to spend loads of money getting him a gift that would reflect my somewhat complicated emotions (how much time do you have?), I decided to make an iTunes playlist with Stephen's favourite songs, and songs that I thought he would like. "40 In Samui" was a perfect gift (he loved it) and provided the soundtrack to a memorable weekend for all of us.

This 'mixtape', plus my years working as a music programmer led me to decide that this soundtracking/music styling service can be provided for a fee. I mean, it'll be a major stretch for me to be a gigolo at this stage, and I'm not as bendy as I used to be, so why not do something that I'm good at?

I've already got a couple of clients in KL, and I'm pitching to a few people in Hong Kong and Thailand as well. Exciting stuff. We'll see. I'm calling what I do 'Noice'.

Can you believe it's been a year since I started this blog? How far have we really come, Randomers?

No comments: