Thursday, June 28, 2007

40 in Samui

Koh Samui's been such a beautiful place - we've been here 2 days and the villa is gorgeous, the views incredible and the company, fabo.

Stephen turned 40 yesterday and we celebrated with a brunch at the nearby BBC (Big Buddha Cafe) and, later in the evening, we had a homemade dinner and an absurdly delicious chocolate cake, baked from scratch - thank you, Maureen!

From Birthday
I'm glad that I took Stephen up on his invitation to join in his birthday celebrations - I've made 4 more super-cool friends and while partying with them last night, I know for sure that we made connections. Hugs, laughs, tears - we had them all, and then some!

The party was a great way to cap my incredible 3-week adventures in the Land of Suess. At a time when I had said that "I don't need any more friends", I've been shown that such declarations are silly at best, and super-naive at worst.

As I plan my return to KL, I know that I will be more open to a lot of things, and that what I've seen and felt and learned would not have happened if I hadn't met Stephen. It will be interesting to see how I move ahead from this point and with this friendship.

Happy Birthday, my friend, and may your travels continue to touch the lives of people that you meet along the way.

1 comment:

DramaMama said...

I don't want to out you, but I have *never* heard you *this* upbeat before! ::faints:: Looking good, my friend! xx