Monday, June 25, 2007

One Way Ticket

One-way tickets scare me.

The
idea of not having a plan of return, or the option to exit, makes me sweat. I want to know,ahead of time, when I get in, how long I'm staying for and just so I can plan ahead, when I'm headed back.

(Extrapolate from this, if you will, why I'm still single...)


I'm sure this rigid-ness (is this a word?) is partly the result of years of traveling for work, which sorta reinforces my need to have clear in and out points. And so far, it's served me well. No visa dramas, except for that time I was detained in Danang when I popped, sans visa, to attend Melanie's wedding.

By the way, her baby boy is now officially Finnegan Tsang Yat Sukasol-Clapp, or Finn for short.
From Mel & Finn
Ok, back to me...


So whatever this new found (or rediscovered) thing that I'm feeling after Bali has led me to Bangkok and Koh Samui thereafter on, get this, 2 one-way tickets. I'm in BKK now and tomorrow morning, just as the sun rises, we'll be on a plane to Samui for the party that is Stephen's 40th. It's all exciting (I've never been to Samui) and making me a bit nervous (one-way tickets!). I'm breathing, I'm breathing - what a drama queen, I know.

And speaking of new, I met 3 new friends last nite - Mike, Chris & the lovely Maureen (she's a Gemini too...I don't know what that means, but she's Mo to everyone) - Stephen's friends who flew all the way from LA to celebrate with him. Today, we played tourists, visiting the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and we even took a fast-boat ride on the Chao Phraya river. Stephen played tour guide. Well, sorta.
From BKK 1
I've been to BKK many times before but the trips were usually for work meetings or quick catch-ups with Melanie, so I don't do anything touristy. Today was a nice change of pace, taking in the sights and not worrying about appointments or meetings. And with such fab company, it was all good.

Can't wait to see what Samui will offer. I'm don't even have a clear idea about when I'm gonna head back to KL. I'm just going where the one-way ticket takes me.

Promise to hold me if I start shaking?

2 comments:

Rarebeet said...

You know I'm hugging you in my heart. Now let me step back and slap you! Go enjoys and run with the wind! Stop overthinking. x P

Rafleesia said...

I�m so happy to see you go through this change and also so happy that you met someone who opened the door for you. We are so overdue for a DMC. Time to whip up some food and share!