Saturday, June 23, 2007

Family

It's been 3 days since my return to KL - the cats are glad, I'm up to speed (almost) on all the work-related stuff and I finally got my haircut (Faevien rocks!).

Re-entry can be bitch but so far, all looks good.

And for the 5th time in 6 weeks, I'm preparing for another trip. Stephen turns 40 on Wednesday and I'm headed to the celebrations in Koh Samui, via a 2-day stopover in Bangkok. That's a lot of numbers but it's all exciting and good, and again, a continuing adventure in the land of Suess.

I received an sms around 1 this morning from my friend Melanie who lives in Bangkok, telling me that she finally popped! Her baby boy arrived at 10:30pm on 22nd June after an 8-hour labour and 8 days past his due date. He's a Gemini/Cancer cusp, which will make him, astrologically speaking, very groovy. The 2-day stopover in BKK couldn't have been better-timed!

Mel and I have known each other for more than 10 years and in the past 5 years, we've become better friends. She's such a joy and one of the nicest and smartest people I know - she speaks English, Cantonese, Thai, Italian, French & German and she also plays the harp! I'm the baby's (fairy) godfather, and I'm thrilled to play my part in making him the coolest baby in the world. With parents like Mel & Noi, I know it won't be too difficult.

And I also met up with Nini today, one of my closest friends at work. She alternates between being my conscience, my partner-in-crime and my undercover agent (the woman knows a lot!). Over coffee, we chatted about my trip to Bali, my blog and what's going on at work. Very lovely.

I've had great chats with so many people over these 3 days about what I've written. Between Facebook and this blog, I think the picture is getting more complete. And I wanna say a lot more.

No comments: