Sunday, November 2, 2008

Delayed No More

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I did a 1-night stopover in Singapore to collect my replacement ID card and then spent the weekend in KL to run a few errands (bank & medical stuff)and hang out with some of my friends.

It's been 6 weeks since I moved to HK in what some might call a bit of a rush. Maybe it was the intense familiarity over the weekend - dinner at Way Cheng's, drinks at Twenty-One & Frangipani, buying a bunch of catfood at my former usual store cos it was way cheaper - or simply that I hadn't had time to truly process the move, but as I made my way to the airport this evening for the return to Hong Kong, I was slightly overwhelmed with the feeling of deja-you-don't-live-here-anymore. And it felt so sad.

I just felt strange about leaving a city that I had called home for 6 years with no fanfare, no farewell. KL had given me a whole wealth of professional & personal experiences, and I made some very good friends. I had not said goodbye properly, I guess, and just did what I had to do to re-establish HK as my homebase.

With the start of a new moon, and my increased and exciting new workload, and the news I received this evening that a friend,who's a couple of years older than me, had had a heart attack this morning - it looks like it's gonna be anything but mundane over the next few weeks and months.

I'm so not a mourning person. And maybe that's the problem.

No comments: