Thursday, November 6, 2008

New, New, New

It's so refreshing and reassuring that after 8 years of America's bullying, insular ways, things will change. It's long overdue that America catches up with the world. Long overdue.

I don't know about you, but being biracial and working in a multi-cultural environment, and having lived away from Singapore and traveled a fair bit in the region and beyond, I find it sad that some Americans have no idea whatsoever about the world out there. And still think that that's perfectly alright.

Fortunately, my American friends are far more enlightened, worldly and with it. Heck, all my friends are with it!

In unrelated news, I misplaced my passport in Hong Kong and I'm back in Singapore for a few days to get a replacement. Within the space of 2 months, I've moved to a new home, started a new job, made new friends, gotten new HK & Singapore ID cards, and now, a new passport.

Evidently, I do new in a big way.

No comments: