Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Screwed Up

So I meet a great sweet fella and after some false starts, we decide to see each other exclusively. Breaking news indeed, because it's my first de facto relationship.

Of course, when you've not had any proper relationship by the age of 39, you make do with the variety of affection that usually comes with no-strings, no follow-up, no fuss, no he's not going to call you on your birthday.

So maybe I was freaked out at this major step I was taking. Or I was just an asshole because I cheated. A month ago. No excuses. I'm an asshole.

This evening, after a very intimate and loving weekend, I decided to 'fess up. I wanted to be honest.

The look on his face broke my heart. I'm still not sure if I'm still in a relationship after today.

It hurts like hell.

No comments: