Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dysfunctional Distractions

This Saturday marks 5 years to the day that I arrived in KL from HK, and I've been thinking a lot about how best to celebrate this anniversary.

For a while, I thought I'd party hard in Singapore, but that would be like Brad Pitt hanging out with Jennifer Aniston on Angelina's birthday. That's a new level of dysfunction that even I cannot accept or condone.

So I guess it'll happen in KL. I'll have a few friends over and we'll see where the party takes us. Maybe we could all get silly and Simpsonize ourselves. That might be fun.

Or maybe we could discuss the impact of the Singapore government (finally) participating in a public discussion on decriminalizing gay sex. It's about time, I say, and it's not as if the repealing of the laws will see a sudden influx of gay men in Singapore, hell-bent on painting the town a brilliant pink and destroying all 'family values' that stand in their way. Mary, please - this is about living as honestly as you can without the fear of being treated unfairly.

Maybe we'll just veg out and check out the randomness that is the Teen Girls Squad. Random's always good, especially at a party where there's gonna be alcohol. And so much more.

And I'll bring my hot mouse along, just in case.

No comments: