Monday, September 3, 2007

HK Weekend Update

I had a full HK weekend...

Saturday started off slow and fuzzy and picked up its pace as the day went by. I finished a new article for my Fake It Real column in the Tattle Life e-zine, checked out the hotel gym (a first!) and actually did some light cardio, and then headed out to my friend Yvonne's birthday dinner & bowl-a-rama celebrations, which came complete with trophies!

From HK Weekend
Then there was another birthday party (Happy 37th, Michael!), which was followed by drinks at our regular weekend watering hole, Propaganda.

Suffice to say, Saturday was a long day. Sunday was, thankfully, more laidback.

I met up with my cute couple friends, Jessy & Tamara, and had a yummy lunch over a lazy, drizzly afternoon. From their real estate drama to my emotional hangover update, it was good to catch up with 2 of the nicest people I know in HK.

From HK Weekend
I then walked up the street and met up with Davena, who is by far one of my coolest friends ever. We're such kindred spirits and there's nothing that I cannot tell Davena. She's smart and funny and is way cool and knows just about everyone.

I got to see her new bachelorette pad, which was a good size, in a great location, and she got it at a very reasonable rental price. Lucky girl! Here she is in her nice-sized kitchen.

From HK Weekend
In between the 2 IKEA deliveries she had to be home for, we went for coffee and chatted, and walked to the nearby mall and shopped for pillows, bed linen and kitchen wares.

My HK family makes it so easy to feel at home while being away from home. It's deja vu in a very good way.

No comments: