Friday, September 7, 2007

Loyalty for Two

I've been mulling a few random bits and pieces over the past few days in HK about loyalties and how the black and white can sometimes be divided by the slimmest of margins, with huge gray expanses in between.

For instance, I attend a birthday party and meet my friend's new date (their 3rd) -
I know (thru my friend) that they hadn't gotten romantic yet, and that they were simply testing the waters. His date and I really clicked, with the same twisted sense of humour and the recognition of a kindred, morbid spirit.

Is it wrong then that my friend's date and I arranged to meet for dinner without my friend? And then we meet again 2 days later at a bar, and end up hanging out at his apartment, chatting 'til 4 in the morning.

Chatting. Only. Really.

Or what about the fact that all my friends have said the same thing about what's-his-face and have all expressed incredulity at my loyalty to a friendship which even I cannot quite explain.

My EQ is slightly out of whack. I'll be listening to my Mariah collection over the next few days to get some cathartic re-calibration...

No comments: