Monday, October 29, 2007

LA Weekend Update

I didn't expect another delay with the flight into Los Angeles, but with the wild fires in the San Diego area, the smoke had caused visibility problems which led to outbound flights being delayed, which meant that my flight into LA was affected too. I'm beginning to understand why Americans get so riled up over delayed flights - it's almost a certainty in the larger cities.

Anyway, after a long drive to our hotel, we cleaned up and headed to Santa Monica to attend Nicole Scherzinger's album showcase - she is of course the lead singer from the Pussycat Dolls. The crowd was very much industry - record label and media executives, and contest winners. And Busta Rhymes & Dane Cook were the only B-list names that I saw in the audience.

From this thoroughly LA-flavoured first pit-stop, to the Eagles' concert at the Nokia Theatre on Saturday night, my weekend in LA has been pretty much low-key and laidback. In between meals and catch-ups with friends and brief shopping stops, LA's looking very real to me. Which is good.

And the sunsets here are breathtakingly beautiful.

From LA

And meeting up with Mike & Maureen (who I had met in Bangkok in June) was especially heart-warming and settling. And I'm glad that the chorus of support is singing the same tune all throughout.

The call is not coming from inside the house.

No comments: